This add-on allows your members to create and maintain multiple contact lists that can be used when creating a new conversation or thread.
Contact lists can be useful for admins to start a personal conversation with all their moderators at once, or all their sponsors, etc. It's also useful for normal members that want to maintain contact lists for friends, or for members they consistently role play with, or to contact all staff, etc.
You can demo this add-on here: demo and test it here: playground
Edit: see updates for new features, bug fixes, and new screen shots.
- number of contacts per list and number of contact lists created are user group based
- admins can select which forum(s), if any, can use contact lists
- admins can also set the permissions to where contact lists can be used: threads only, conversations only, or both, per user group
- threads created that use a contact list can only be replied to by members of the selected contact list, and the thread starter. Members removed from the list will no longer be able to reply to the thread, while a new member added to the contact list will be able to
- if given the option the thread starter can switch contact lists (for as long as they can edit the thread), or remove the contact list from the thread which will open it up to anyone that can reply
- alerts are generated for members of the contact list when a thread is created. If the contact list is changed after thread creation, the alerts are deleted and new ones generated for member's of the new contact list used (if any)
- merged threads will use the contact list of the target thread, if applicable, if not, no contact lists are used for the merged thread
- if a thread with a contact list is moved to a forum that does not allow contact lists, the contact list selected is maintained but not used. This allows moderators to move a thread to a different forum for discussion, and then move it back preserving the contact list
- admins and moderators can not change another members contact list for a thread, they can remove the contact list to open the thread up to all that can reply
- merging users will use the target users contact lists. Threads with a contact list from a user that was deleted will be set to not use a contact list, opening the thread up to all that can reply
- if set, a list of participants of a thread with a contact list is displayed below the thread starter info and tag line. If not set, admins can use the option to display a line of text instead, for example: invited participants only
Forum->Nodes->selected node->Allow contact lists to be used in this forum
if set, threads can use a contact list for this forum, if not set, no contact lists will be used.
contains five basic options for displaying members of a contact list:
List contacts when creating a conversation: defaulted checked (recommended).
if not checked, the contact list chooser will only display the title of each list. If checked the members of each list is displayed under each contact list title.
List contacts when creating a thread: defaulted not checked.
works as above. Although checked is fine, the thread create form looks a lot cleaner without the list of contacts under each contact list title option.