This simple addon replaces the Google Analytics library with the GA-Lite library, a small cacheable version which can help slim your page size and load by a small amount. GA Lite is open source, and supports most features of the latest official Google API. It was originally created as a means to achieve 100/100 scores in Page Speed Insights and Lighthouse.
- Size only 8kb
- Open source
- Can be locally hosted
- Gets disabled on "Do not track" flag
- Page Tracking
- Event Tracking
- Social Interactions
- User Timings
- Exception Tracking
- Supports most features of latest API, with some exceptions in:
- Custom variables, custom dimensions and metrics
- Offline enabled data sync
- Supports all modern browsers with some limitation for older IE browsers
GA-Lite is enabled by default after installing the addon. You can change this and whether to serve locally or via CDN, at Admin -> Options -> Statistics & metrics.