Questions Resource Manager and Credits?

Nxel

V.I.P Member
Registered Member
Resources: 1
I have tried "ecommerce" but it has too many options for what I need, I like the "Resource Manager" system better. The problem is that I don't know how to price resources.

I want my users to be able to upload their resources and get credits in return every time someone "buys" them.

Like this:

JXZ47yj.png

Xenforo version is: 2.2.6

Xenforo Resource Manager version is: 2.2.3

I have tried with:

DragonByte Credits 5.7.3.1

BR Credits 1.0.2

Does anyone know how I can do what I want?

Solution
I just found out why Brivium credits were not working with Resource Manager. It is necessary to use two addons and in all resource forums the addon "CREDITS PREMIUM" is renamed "RESOURCE CREDITS PAYMENT" so that it would never work that way, since both are never found.

CREDITS PREMIUM: It is the addon that contains the credit system

RESOURCE CREDITS PAYMENT: It is the addon that allows you to create "buy" and "sell" events

These together work perfectly in MRI. Sellers will receive the credits.

I notified @Marks-Man about this

However, I couldn't find a way for them to work with the dragonbyte shop. And they are incompatible with [TC] Paid Resources 1.1.10

Nxel

V.I.P Member
Registered Member
Hmmmm I haven't really used the Credits option yet - I use PayPal/BTC and I do receive proper notifications of they're purchase - then I add them to buyer list manually
However, in Credits option I remember it was automatic

And I didn't really pay attention to this part if they got it or not xD

Try doing it with other usergroups

Make a resource in admin acc and buy from other admin acc
Make a resource in registered acc and buy from admin acc and vice versa

Look at which doesn't work and then u will notice the problem

(Use adjust option to give credits to a temporary acc)

I put your suggestion into practice and the result has been that no user receives the payment.

Not from admin to admin.
Not from member to member.
Not from member to admin.
Not from admin to member.

Nobody receives them 🤷‍♂️ (but they charge everyone 🤣 It's a mystery who's getting all those credits)

From what you comment, it seems difficult to solve ... This is a bummer ... Any alternative or other suggestion to try?

Marks-Man

Administrator
Resources: 330
I put your suggestion into practice and the result has been that no user receives the payment.

Not from admin to admin.

Nobody receives them 🤷‍♂️ (but they charge everyone 🤣 It's a mystery who's getting all those credits)

From what you comment, it seems difficult to solve ... This is a bummer ... Any alternative or other suggestion to try?
I think it only works if users purchase credits with paypal or other gateways, then pay with credits on your forum.

It's not from member to member because it doesn't work 😂 no one will receive credits, it is not coded this way 😎

ThanosCrax

Registered Member

Not from admin to admin.

Make another currency in dbtech then use that currency with above method again
Lookup on settings of dbtech and other things a bit maybe u find smth

O3S

Registered Member
EDIT: this error only happens when they are resources with external download...

Lo más probable es que tengan algún problema, ya que el plugin realiza la compra aunque no tengas créditos ...
Here I share my '' modification '' to avoid that problem.

step 1 -
go to the template ''dbtech_credits_payment_initiate ''

step 2 -
replace line 14 <xf:submitrow icon="purchase" rowtype="simple" /> with the following code:
HTML:
<xf:if is="{{$currency.getValueFromUser($user)}} > {$cost}">
    <xf:submitrow icon="purchase" rowtype="simple"/>
<xf:elseif is="{{$currency.getValueFromUser($user)}} == {$cost}"/>
<xf:else/>
    <p>You do not have enough credits :(</p>
</xf:if>

result -
image-2021-09-16-16-03-43.png

Last edited:

ThanosCrax

Registered Member
Most likely they may have a problem, since the plugin makes the purchase even if you do not have credits...

step 1 -

step 2 -
replace line 14 <xf:submitrow icon="purchase" rowtype="simple" /> with the following code:
HTML:

result -
great work bruh <3

ThanosCrax

Registered Member
Maybe a little more better that whenever a charge is made it is confirmed by the user in a overlay same like this
This would remove the possibility of false charges

Nxel

V.I.P Member
Registered Member
Most likely they may have a problem, since the plugin makes the purchase even if you do not have credits...

step 1 -

step 2 -
HTML:

result -

In my case, it did not happen to me that you could pay without enough credits. However, I tried it and the seller of the resource still does not obtain the credits of the buyer. From what I was seeing on the official page of the addon, the creator said that there was no way to obtain the seller's ID. I gave up on this matter 🤷‍♂️

Thank you very much for the interest and support received. ☺️

ThanosCrax

Registered Member

step 1 -

step 2 -
HTML:

result -
It did mess up my Acc Upgrades ..... people couldnt buy acc upgrades even with the amount of credits...... maybe some other issue but now works without the code and still fake events are occurring and users being charged

Marks-Man

Administrator
It did mess up my Acc Upgrades ..... people couldnt buy acc upgrades even with the amount of credits...... maybe some other issue but now works without the code and still fake events are occurring and users being charged
Fake events happens because it's not handled,
probably some users are trying to enter URL/download
that will cause fake events when users try to access without having enough credits 😒

ThanosCrax

Registered Member
Fake events happens because it's not handled,
probably some users are trying to enter URL/download
that will cause fake events when users try to access without having enough credits 😒
Actually It's like if ur just roaming around the resource manager they will be deducting it for just viewing the page🙄
I've got 10+ reports saying the same + I checked the event log and download event occured though they didn't download any of em😐

Marks-Man

Administrator
Actually It's like if ur just roaming around the resource manager they will be deducting it for just viewing the page🙄
I've got 10+ reports saying the same + I checked the event log and download event occured though they didn't download any of em😐
it needs to be handled 😅

O3S

Registered Member
In my case, it did not happen to me that you could pay without enough credits. However, I tried it and the seller of the resource still does not obtain the credits of the buyer. From what I was seeing on the official page of the addon, the creator said that there was no way to obtain the seller's ID. I gave up on this matter 🤷‍♂️

Thank you very much for the interest and support received. ☺️

If the publisher does not get the resources, try eliminating the events '' Adjust '' and '' Payment Profile ''.

Then try to download to see if you are discounted correctly and if the creator gets the credits ...

(curious fact, if you as a moderator or administrator edit an already created resource, when someone downloads the resource the credits go to the one who edited the resource or sometimes to the original creator, the plugin has many bugs)

ThanosCrax

Registered Member
If the publisher does not get the resources, try eliminating the events '' Adjust '' and '' Payment Profile ''.

Then try to download to see if you are discounted correctly and if the creator gets the credits ...

(curious fact, if you as a moderator or administrator edit an already created resource, when someone downloads the resource the credits go to the one who edited the resource or sometimes to the original creator, the plugin has many bugs)
I think BR Credits might be more stable + they have they're selling Credits add-on too

O3S

Registered Member
I think BR Credits might be more stable + they have they're selling Credits add-on too
If it is useful to use it, use it, I would not recommend it, it is more useful [DB] Credits + [TC] Paid Resource ...

Since [DB] Credits has more '' freedom '' to say, with some things and more compatibility with other plugins.

These are just some bugs, which we can try to solve between ourselves ..., since the creator seems not to release updates on certain things that the community requests

PD: sorry all my bad English, I'm from Argentina and I use the google translator HAHAH

Nxel

V.I.P Member
Registered Member

I did, but it still doesn't work :ROFLMAO:

Does it work correctly for you?

Nxel

V.I.P Member
Registered Member
I just found out why Brivium credits were not working with Resource Manager. It is necessary to use two addons and in all resource forums the addon "CREDITS PREMIUM" is renamed "RESOURCE CREDITS PAYMENT" so that it would never work that way, since both are never found.

CREDITS PREMIUM: It is the addon that contains the credit system

RESOURCE CREDITS PAYMENT: It is the addon that allows you to create "buy" and "sell" events

These together work perfectly in MRI. Sellers will receive the credits.

I notified @Marks-Man about this

However, I couldn't find a way for them to work with the dragonbyte shop. And they are incompatible with [TC] Paid Resources 1.1.10

Solution
  • Tags
    credits questions resource manager